Posted to uk.d-i-y
ransley ransley is offline

Default Insulating Paint Additive

On Nov 26, 11:05*am, Ryan_Hudson Ryan_Hudson.
wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone got any experience with this product?

http://www.thermilate.com/

It's a paint additive that's supposed to improve the insulating
properties of the surface it's applied to, but I'm a wee bit dubious
about it. I'm thinking of buying a pouch of 550g.

If you know anything about this product, I'd appreciate it if you could
let me know what you think of it.

Cheers,

Ryan

--
Ryan_Hudson

Its a ceramic additive, I tried it on ducts and with an IR thermometer
saw no temp difference. Find a few real independant labs that verify
the claims, I bet you cant. Its been out forever and I do not think at
the thickness aplied it does ****. Maybe 15 coats, but not just one.