Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
The Real Andy The Real Andy is offline

Default Electrolytics question

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:27:59 +1100, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

"Meee"

I was wondering why vertical mounting electrolytics have like an
indented cross on them. The reason I ask is because there's 4 largeish
one around my CPU on the motherboard and they have all split open,
along the indentations.

** You had better replace those FAULTY caps as soon as possible.

Do not use the PC until you have, as other parts may become damaged.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

..... Phil

My PC shutdown the otherday from overttemp. Opened up for a look,
reason for OT was dust. Sucked it all up and she is up an running
again. Did notice the electro's were stuffed, thought about replacing
them but could not be stuffed. Need a shop that does it for you, need
on in Brissie.