Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Standard radius for metal forms

On Nov 26, 8:18*pm, (thito01) wrote:
Can anyone point me to a table with the standard radius for corners for
different steel forms?
I want to place 2x4 tubing inside either a 3" or 4" angle iron and don't
know if the inside radius of the angle iron will allow the 2x4" tubing to
set 'flat' on both legs of the angle iron.

I've drawn the shapes in my scrap pile into my CAD library, and found
that different lots of the same nominal size varied in the details
such as inside radius and the parallelism of channel flanges. The
surface finish of angle was poor enough that even the correct radius
didn't fit tightly without some cleanup with an angle grinder. The
flanges of some of the angle are slightly tapered and only the outside
is square. I think what you get depends on the amount of wear on the
rolls that made it.

Can you specify angle bent to a known radius from flat strips?