Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Insulating Paint Additive

BigWallop wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message
Ryan_Hudson wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone got any experience with this product?

http://www.thermilate.com/

It's a paint additive that's supposed to improve the insulating
properties of the surface it's applied to, but I'm a wee bit dubious
about it. I'm thinking of buying a pouch of 550g.

If you know anything about this product, I'd appreciate it if you could
let me know what you think of it.

Cheers,

Ryan

You might find this interesting:

http://www.energyideas.org/documents/Factsheets/PTR/Insuladd.pdf

Rod

That makes good reading. Especially the reviews at the bottom of the
document. You'd be better adding this stuff
http://www.firebox.com/product/968/Insta-Snow to the paint. It would
insulated the ceiling more, me thinks. :-)

P.S. The Video Demo is good.

Probably microspheres/glass bubbles. 3M makes them I think.
Perlite would be cheaper