Posted to alt.home.repair
heimdm heimdm is offline

Default Crawlspace Conversion

heimdm had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...on-344381-.htm
:
The crawlspace has a trench dug along the perimeter of the crawlspace on
the west size. 3.5 feet between ceiling and pea gravel + 2 feet from
gravel to bottom of trench + 1-2 feet to bottom cement block. So my
estimates say that to the bottom block the crawl is about 6.5 feet. Our
neighbors have full basements. I am having a local company come out and
give an estimate for the crawlspace to basement conversion. This company
is Americrawl and they also do the install of the Cleanspace encapsulation
system. They said a partial basement would be 50k with a full basement in
the 100k range.

-------------------------------------
heimdm wrote:

I live in a good size ranch house (40ft by 90ft). We bought the house on
short sale so we got a really good price on it. However, despite all
the
square footage there is no place to put a tv room or home theatre or a
game room. The crawlspace is about 3.5-4ft deep depending on the part
you
are in. We are considering having it dug out. Right now we have block
walls, and I was thinking of when they dig it out have them replace the
blocks with pours walls. Is this possible?

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/
Web
and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
alt.home.repair - 325883 messages
and counting!