Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Problem with Hypertherm Powermax 380 plasma cutter

If you run a torch without filters - from a rusty internal tank -
you can clog up the hose and torch.

Be sure you have the dynamic (flowing) air pressure in the torch head
before going to far.

Martin

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Pete C. wrote:
There is no pressure sensor in the torch. The regulator, solenoid valve
and pressure sensor are all in the main unit.

Thanks. Maybe the pressure sensor senses over pressure as well. That
would explain why my manual said the check the torch lead for kinks
and/or obstructions. I.e., a lead blockage would result in higher
pressure at the sensor.

Bob