Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default Abrasive Cutoff Saw Issues

I'm having some issues cutting 1/8" thick angle iron with my HF cutoff saw
(44829). When the blade is running at full speed, it is okay, but when it
is slowed down (ie, when it is doing any work) it wobbles back and forth,
loud enough to hear it, making the kerf it cuts about three times the blade
width (the cut ends up looking like a "V").

I checked the abrasive wheel arbor, and it doesn't seem to have any play in
it, so I'm guessing it is the abrasive wheel itself. The one I'm using is
Norton 89399; should I try a different wheel, or is there something else I
can do to keep it from wobbling about?

Thanks,

Jon