Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Using half a shower pump

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Tim Downie" writes:
I'm currently looking for a pump to boost the HW pressure downstairs and
things being what they are, it's probably going to be bought on ebay.

The thing is, there are many more twin impeller pumps to choose from than
single impeller pumps. So, my question is, does it damage a pump to only
use one side? Most twin impeller pumps seem to be identical to their
single
impeller cousins (apart from the extra pump chamber) but of course there
my
be differences in the bearings.

If it's not good to use just one side, I don't suppose there's anything
wrong with pairing up the inlets and outlets is there?

I suspect you'd end up with smoke from the dry side.

I guess you could double up to increase the flow, or run them
in series to increase the pressure.

--
Andrew Gabriel

All of the twin impeller pumps that I've owned over the years, specifically
warned against running the pump with the chambers dry.

Arfa