Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigWallop[_2_] BigWallop[_2_] is offline

Default Insulating Paint Additive

"Ryan_Hudson" wrote in
message ...

Hi all,

Anyone got any experience with this product?

http://www.thermilate.com/

It's a paint additive that's supposed to improve the insulating
properties of the surface it's applied to, but I'm a wee bit dubious
about it. I'm thinking of buying a pouch of 550g.

If you know anything about this product, I'd appreciate it if you could
let me know what you think of it.

Cheers,

Ryan

Word of warning. Wrap anything warm in a plastic bag and it sweats. This
paint additive thing is just a plastisiser, so coats the surface in a
plastic bag. Yes, it may give some thermal protection and slightly reduce
heat loss through the surface, but so does any plastic bag. Try putting
your hand in a plastic bag for half an hour, and you'll get the same effect.

Try before you buy, right enough. :-)