Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck[_10_] Chuck[_10_] is offline

Default Converting B-vent to Vent Free?

wrote in message
On Nov 25, 9:22 pm, "Chuck" wrote:
No ideas???????

Nobody knows what the hell you are talking about.

Oh. I didn't think it was that confusing. I have a functional, but
non-efficient "B-Vent" (requires its own flue or chimney) style flue gas
stove that I want to somehow try to convert to an energy-efficient (almost
99%) "vent-less/vent-free" heater/stove. What I am trying to determine is
how to do this safely. I want to totally close off my existing flue and
capture 100% of the heat just as if it were a vent-less model. The only
difference I can see between the two models is that the ventless models are
required to come with a special oxygen depletion sensor (ODS) as part of the
pilot flame apparatus. I was going to replace my gas logs but instead I
have cleaned my stove, blocked the flue, removed the glass front door, have
run the stove, smell no gas fumes, and constantly monitor the CO with a
detector which reads zero. Anything wrong with this setup?