Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Home Depot Warning

On Nov 26, 6:56*am, KLS wrote:
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 05:58:07 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

Somehow my wife's computer got a program (malware?) call AntiVirus Pro 2009.
What a mess. *There is a constant popup telling her it is infected and takes
you to a site to pay to activate the program to get rid of it.

I un-installed it, removed some registry lines but it still won't allow me
to use System Restore, or go to the Norton, McAffee or any other legitimate
AV software download site, Windows Update, etc. *I spend hours trying to be
totally rid of it. *I re-installed Norton from a CD but I can't go to the
website to update it.

Sounds like your best recourse is to wipe the hard drive and reinstall
all the programs. *I like Darik's Boot and Nuke for this:http://www.dban.org/*.

Dude, you DON'T have to erase the HDD to reformat your computer!!!!!

If, Ed was my neighbor and I was able to get my hands on his computer
I could remove whatever it is that he has, but telling someone what to
do is very hard through writing. It is for me anyway.