Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rodjava rodjava is offline

Default What diamond/green wheel for side grinding on my bench grinder?

On Nov 26, 10:31*am, " wrote:
On Nov 26, 1:23*pm, rodjava wrote:

What I would like to know is what brand, make and model number of Type
5 wheel are you using on your bench/pedistal grinder for HHS tool
bits. Also. the same info for carbide grinding..

Thank you in advance,

Rod
San Francisco- Hide quoted text -

I do not use a type 5 wheel to grind tool bits. *I just use a regular
aluminun oxide wheel. *A coarse one to get the general shape and then
a fine one that I got at Boeing Surplus. *Grinding lathe bits does not
require angles to be precise except maybe for threading. *And you can
get threading bits precise using a cheap gage.

Dan

Dan,
Thanks for your advice.

I would like the option of grinding on the side of the wheel. That's
why I was looking for a type 5.

Rod