Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Up North Up North is offline

Default Trailer coupling - suggestions as to brand?

wrote in message

How would you compare the operation of the Bulldog to the traditional
lever coupler? Is the Bulldog easier to align over the ball? I never
looked at these closely until you provided the link (could not figure
out how they worked until I looked at the larger picture).

I have had several of these Bulldog couplers and they seem almost
indestructible.http://shop.easternmarine.com/index....log.prodInfo&p...
Steve

I really don't notice much difference but that coupler was on a lighter
trailer than I use now and could be pushed sideways without a problem. I can
usually can get close enough to set the coupler on top of the ball and kick
the tongue sideways and it drops right on. It helps if the trailer is wide
enough to see in the mirrors when backing up.
Steve