Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Up North Up North is offline

Default Trailer coupling - suggestions as to brand?

Since my coupler is for a 1 7/8 inch dia. ball, I figured I could
solve both the anoyance (sp) of switching balls and upgrade to a more
robust coupler. So my question is: who makes the best coupler?
Class 2 as a minimum - although all the links below are Class 3.
Brands that I have found include: Valley, Atwood, Fulton.
http://shop.easternmarine.com/index....categoryID=215
http://www.etrailer.com/pc-COUPLER~80071.htm
http://abctrailerparts.com/afcouplerjacks.html
Do you have either good or bad experince with any of these? Other
suggestions? Rather than buying something from Harbor Freight or
similar - I want to kill this (disengagement) problem - dead!

I have had several of these Bulldog couplers and they seem almost
indestructible.
http://shop.easternmarine.com/index....categoryID=215
Steve