Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
TwoGuns TwoGuns is offline

Default paint car hood

On Nov 24, 2:01*pm, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
A while back, I was dragging a culvert behind my tractor. It caught on a
concrete lip, stood straight up, then tipped over on my better half's car
hood.
She was not impressed.

OK, now I've bought a like new hood from the salvage yard, and she just got
a quote for $500 to paint it. That ain't gonna happen.

I'm pretty good at painting tractors and other equipment. Enough to know the
key is preparation. What steps should be taken to paint this hood? (I know
it has a clear coat over the white color, I need red with a clear coat) If I
don't get it right, the boss will just take it in.

Karl

The money spent painting the hood might be more wisely used to do a
search of salvage yards that have the correct color of hood in stock.

Dennis