todd

Default Mixing up some shellac

"Kruppt" wrote in message
01...
I have been using shellac myself for the last 10 projects, great stuff.
I grind the flakes to dust in my coffee grinder, then add to alcohol,
shake it up good, and it dissolves in an hour or less sitting in the
sun. So the only thing I can think of is you need to warm it up some,
and maybe grind it a bit finer next time, and shake it more often. I
shake the solution every 10 minutes or so, while it is dissolving. I
have never had to wait more than an hour before the shellac was
completely dissolved.

Kruppt

I think I probably need to a) warm it up and b)shake it more often. After
grinding in the coffee grinder, it was a dust consistency. Only way to get
the particles any smaller would be to take them over to Fermilab. I've
transferred the whole mess into a quart Mason jar and it's sitting in hot
water.

todd