Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default C-Audio Power Amp Head ...

IIRC, the C-Audio RA series commonly used BUZ Mosfets, both T03 and
T0247, which are still easily available.

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/bro...estid=48642 0

Gareth.

Yes, they are BUZ's and yes, they are in the Farnell book, allbeit with a
different suffix letter to what is actually fitted now, but with six N's
and six P's in the equation, at 8 quid + VAT a pop, that's 100+ quidsworth
trade in devices for one channel, before we even start looking at the
other channel to see if any are open there as well.

Shop owner has deemed it uneconomic for the moment, so it will go back up
the corner to await its ultimate fate ... :-(

Talking of Farnell, do you order much from them ? Have you noticed how
much they seem now to be rationalising 'on the shelf' stock ? It used to
be *very* rare to ever catch them out of stock on any catalogue item. Now,
there seems to be something on every order. Also, have you noticed how you
get one order in two shipments ? One parcel comes from Leeds, and the
other, often something like a single transistor, comes in a box the size
of your head, by UPS, from Belgium. Surely, this can't make economic
sense, let alone (God forgive me for using the "e" word) ecological sense
?

Arfa

I order just about all my stuff from Farnell. They don't tend to have much
in the way of unusual or older transistors, these I can usually find at
Cricklewood Electronics.
http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.co...ewood/home.php

I get my stuff next day without fail from both Farnell and Cricklewood,
nothing is usually out of stock or comes from Belgium.

I'm in Leeds, so is Farnell, so maybe that might have something to do with
it, but shouldn't really. What kind of stuff is coming from Belgium?
Chocolate screwdrivers?

Cheers,

Gareth.