Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Handyman rates

Tarty wrote:
I realize rates are different throughout the country, but I was
wondering about what rates are in your area.

[...]

Seems a bit steep for a handyman, even if they were licensed &
insured. And surely not enough for a licensed professional.

What's the going rate for a handyman in your area?

Saw a story once about a young lady with an apartment in New York. She made
friends with a single guy in the same building that had a tool kit. When she
needed something done, she offered to trade a home-cooked meal for the
repair. Their mental dialogs went something like:

She: "He's a miracle worker! He can put up a towel rack so it won't fall
down and all I have to do is throw a couple of extra potatoes in the pot!"

He: "She's a miracle worker! For a couple the right kind of fifty-cent molly
bolts, I get a delicious rack of lamb dinner!"

Then they had sex.