Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique Jay Pique is offline

Default Veritas Block Planes - improved functionality?

I see that LV has added a couple new block planes to their line.
(Also discussed in Mr. Ferrarri - Meet Mr. Stanley, etc..) They are
certainly different looking animals, no question. But looks aside,
are these planes going to function better than the current blocks they
make? My guess is that they've realized that there is a large market
for collectable tools - helped by the success of their stainless edge
trimming plane - and are going to be introducing more tools of this
nature. I just hope that they continue to offer high quality working
tools at a fair price.

That said, I see that they've introduced a western dovetail saw at
$65, which seems eminently reasonable. Good on ya, Lee Valley.

JP
I fear change.