Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default Royal Enfield Milestone

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:56:19 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 19:53:05 GMT, Jim Chandler wrote:

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:36:59 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:35:59 -0800, "T.Alan Kraus"
wrote:

Yesterday I figred out the wiring for the BMW R90/6 ignition switch that
had been cannibalized and stuck on anothe bike by a tweaker...and if I
dont get called in to So. Cal tommorow..will try to get Trudy runnng.
master cylinder for the front disk brakes is leaking, she needs new fuel
lines/filters etc etc but she should fire up. All the handlebar switches
need removal and cleaning lubing etc....once I get her running, it will
be time to mask off the engine, rattle can paint the frame, put new
rubber on her and repair the Luftmeister fairing and saddle bags. Its
the usual Bmw blue with white pinstripes, but have been considering
repainting it Afrika Corps colors with the AC palm tree logo on the
sides of the gas tank.....g

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

Fun, fun, fun... I got two winter projects a husky 500 from the 70's
that someone gave to me after they got tired looking at it in their yard
for the past 30 years and a 1969 T100 Tiger triumph motor that is going
into a norton frame. The T100 is in perfect shape.

cheers
T.Alan

OOOH...a Tiger! Thats gonna be nice!

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

If anyone wants another project bike to rebuild, I have an '80 Honda
CB750 that I'll let go cheap. There is no tank or front fender and a
few other pieces are missing. Just make me an offer. I'd hate to
see it get cut up and go to the recycler.

Jim

How cheap..and what condition is the engine in?

Gunner

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania

Make me an offer... and I don't know. I was told it was last known
running. The carbs are off and in my shop out of the weather and the
intakes have been blocked off with rags. I would imagine that it will
require some work on the engine but I don't know how much.

Jim