Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Electrolytics question

"flipper" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:29:23 -0500, PeterD wrote:

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 22:38:50 +0000, Meee wrote:

I was wondering why vertical mounting electrolytics have like an
indented cross on them. The reason I ask is because there's 4 largeish
one around my CPU on the motherboard and they have all split open,
along the indentations.

Love posters who answer their own question!

It seems obvious to those who know but I'd be wiling to bet he
wondered why they made it 'weak' with the indentations so that it
'broke' when it otherwise wouldn't have.

Not too sure about the "otherwise wouldn't have" - without those
indentations it would likely have burst with a fairly impressive bang.