Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default baseboard heater trips breaker - Bad stat?

If not, he likely mixed up some wiring, puttingboth sides of the
heater on the same side of the panelor something stupid like that.
Replacing a panel is a job for an expert, or at least someone who
understands how it is SUPPOSED to be done and is smart enough to
figure out how to make it work the way it is supposed to.- Hide quoted text -

I don't know how expert the guy was. But I got him back out to look
at his work.

He pulled the power wire off the heater, the breaker still tripped.
So not the heater.

Then he pulled the load wire off the thermostat. It no longer
tripped. So not the thermostat. So I have a short between the
thermostat and the heater, and it's going to be really difficult to
get to. But at least I know the next step.