Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Problem with a Circuit Breaker

On Nov 24, 11:34*pm, wrote:
Hello. Here is my situation.

----------

I live in a single-family home in Chicago. On our circuit breaker, the
#12 switch controls the following:

1) ALL lights and electrical sockets in one bathroom,

2) ALL lights and electrical sockets in one bedroom, and

3) SOME lights and electrical sockets in a second bedroom, which is my
bedroom.

The OTHER lights and electrical sockets in my bedroom are controlled
by a different switch.

----------

When I turn on any light controlled by switch #12, the light flickers
for a little while and then goes out. When the light goes out, ALL the
lights and electrical sockets that are controlled by switch #12 go
out.

To remedy this problem, I have to go to switch #12 and turn the switch
on and off repeatedly, until the lights and electrical sockets
controlled by switch #12 regain power.

This has been happening for a few months. I try to use the lights and
sockets controlled by switch #12 as little as possible, but that
policy is becoming very inconvenient. So, what is the problem with my
electricity? And how do I fix the problem?

Thank you for any information.

You might also have cheap backstabber receptacles that are daisy
chained and not pigtailed. You may need pro help to remedy that
situation.

Joe