Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Review: Zenith DTT901 DTV converter box

Pete C. wrote:
I would certainly expect any of the mainstream stations to get to the
hundreds of KW at least and more likely to the MW level.

Well, I got the lift working again and had a nice day w/o too much wind
one day last week so did the 'spearmint of direct coax from the antenna
to the converter box.

Scan did manage to find one transmitter but signal so low didn't even
register on the signal strength tuning indicator. Fiddling w/ antenna
direction got one frame w/ quite a bit of drop out to
register--following that, the big nothing. Since couldn't see what was
happening from the antenna location and wife currently is hobbled w/ a
knee so can't ferry messages easily, I may try taking a small set and
the converter box up w/ me and see if can fine tune any, but seems
little point at this time. Unless there's going to be significantly
more signal strength than there is currently, it looks like OTA
broadcasts are a thing of the past for us. Which probably means we'll
be back to 50's as I'm thinking I'm not going to spend the $$$ they want
for satellite. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens when
it goes dark and try again then. Ain't gubmint "help" wunnerful???