Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Dave Garland Dave Garland is offline

Default Doorbell always uses electricity!

Don Klipstein wrote:
Many apartment buildings forbid outdoor clothes drying. If I was
very severely frugal in such places, I would use indoor clotheslines when
temperature and humidity are favorable for such.

In the heating season, the humidity from such indoor drying is
beneficial. There are also inexpensive folding wooden drying racks
which work well so long as you do not generate massive quantities of
damp laundry at one time. In my experience, a large folding rack can
dry a moderate machine-load of laundry, so long as it does not include
more than one sheet.

Assuming one has space to set a rack up without it being in the way,
they're no more work than a power dryer, although it may take a day for
the load to dry.

Dave