Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Depot Warning

smk17 wrote:
On Nov 25, 8:57 am, HD Shopper wrote:
Went shopping at my local Home Depot the other day. Browsing through
the kitchen cabinet section I see one of the computers that the HD
people use to write your order. It has a big warning on the screen
from Mcafee Anti Virus Software that the system is infected with
spyware. Told one of the HD customer service reps about it, they
looked at me like I tried to have sexual relations with their dog.
Went out to the car to get my cell phone and take a picture and when I
came back the offending system was turned off. Just makes you wonder
how those computers are tied into the computers up front that take
your money when you buy something. Very scary!

Well, I also have had that same exact warning on my screen. IT'S A
SCAM. I'd be willing to bet a paycheck that the warning and scanning
of your computer by McAfee is all a scam just so you'll renew your
subscription. I bought their subscription when I first bought my PC
almost 1.5 years ago. When it ran out and I didn't renew their
subscription I got daily virus warnings, "do you want to resubscribe"
etc., etc., etc., etc., unending attempts to get me to subscribe
again.

I got so sick of their warnings (which is exactly what they intended
to do ) I re-subscribed for one year for $75.00. Just to get their
daily warnings off my screen!!!!

So I go through all that, McAfee rescans my computer and notices that
my firewall is no longer up to date. So I go to download the latest
and what do you know??? The upgrade is no longer available, in order
to get it, I have to spend another $67 to get this updated firewall. I
didn't pay it. I got so sick I just left the computer.

What you saw in Home Depot was just a daily fake, scam, annoyance, by
McAfee to get the user of that computer to spend money.

Did you notice that McAfee is one of the few things you CAN'T DELETE
from Windows?

You can remove any of that nonsense. One way
is to use The PC Decrapifier.

http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/

TDD