Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Need help from an experienced builder/carpenter

RM MS wrote:
Lew, I had thought about some kind of industral lift or fork truck to
lift it while I do the jobs below. There is a good sized marina at the
end of my street. I wonder how mch they charge per hour and if there are
permits needed to drive it here?
I am most concerned about keeping the thing stable while above ground,
simple jacks won't work, without some sideways stabilization, it will
just fall over.

I'd go under each corner one at a time w/ large timber (looks like the
leg timbers used would be adequate material) inside the present corner
and block and cribbage there solidly w/ sufficient area to ensure stability.

Then that leg could be detached and the necessary depth of pilings
poured and replaced, moving on to the next.

Adequate cribbing and jacking from house- or boat-moving folks.

Don't need the whole thing at one time--just to be able to get to one at
a time (or at most one end if want to do it that way).

Other than the height, did 38x66 barn w/ 40-ft to loft ridge to replace
sill plates and repair rotted stud ends same way -- work from one corner
around about half the length/width at a time.