Posted to alt.home.repair
boden boden is offline

Default How can I seal caulking cartridges?

Red Green wrote:
"Walter R." wrote in
:

I often find myself with half a cartridge of expensive caulking
material in a cartridge. I am talking about the cartridge that has a
movable bottom and a spout and fits in a ratcheting dispenser.

I have tried sticking nails in the spout but, invariably, the darned
things dry out or congeal anyway.

Anyone have a workable solution to this problem? - Thanks

You'd think they'd have a caulk for that :-)

Just store them in a nitrogen dry box along with you other urethane
adhesives and cyanoacrylates, etc. I got tired of finding hardened
glues every time I needed to use them and solved the problem.

Boden