Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] midwest_46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Problem with a Circuit Breaker

Hello. Here is my situation.

----------

I live in a single-family home in Chicago. On our circuit breaker, the
#12 switch controls the following:

1) ALL lights and electrical sockets in one bathroom,

2) ALL lights and electrical sockets in one bedroom, and

3) SOME lights and electrical sockets in a second bedroom, which is my
bedroom.

The OTHER lights and electrical sockets in my bedroom are controlled
by a different switch.

----------

When I turn on any light controlled by switch #12, the light flickers
for a little while and then goes out. When the light goes out, ALL the
lights and electrical sockets that are controlled by switch #12 go
out.

To remedy this problem, I have to go to switch #12 and turn the switch
on and off repeatedly, until the lights and electrical sockets
controlled by switch #12 regain power.

This has been happening for a few months. I try to use the lights and
sockets controlled by switch #12 as little as possible, but that
policy is becoming very inconvenient. So, what is the problem with my
electricity? And how do I fix the problem?

Thank you for any information.