Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How can I seal caulking cartridges?

Michael Dobony wrote:
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 19:31:37 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

Walter R. wrote:
I often find myself with half a cartridge of expensive caulking material in
a cartridge. I am talking about the cartridge that has a movable bottom and
a spout and fits in a ratcheting dispenser.

I have tried sticking nails in the spout but, invariably, the darned things
dry out or congeal anyway.

Anyone have a workable solution to this problem? - Thanks

I knew I'd seen them before, Caulk Savers:

http://tinyurl.com/5sw9b6

TDD

Having threads I seriously doubt they will seal properly to prevent drying
out. Then again, yanking it out *might* pull out the dried chalk.
Something more like this would work well

http://www.amazon.com/C-P-Products-L...7582319&sr=1-1

I have one item like this, but longer and larger. Works great!

http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/41090/10002/-1

The first link looks like the tube condoms others
were talking about. The vacuum caps are also good
to slip over the protruding ends of screws to protect
the threads and skin.

TDD