Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Alternative to spray foam for filling gaps?

"Patrick Maloney" wrote in message
6.8...
Is there a weatherstripping type product I can push into the gap at the
bottom of a wall to prevent drafts?

I'm looking to avoid spray foam because it's a finished area with carpet
that would not clean up easily.

tia, Patrick

I have taken the point of a shim and shoved little pieces of insulation in
the cracks. I did this in large cracks at my cabin, because on matter how
careful you were with the foam, you would get some on something, and it
would always foam out, and the trimmed stuff looked horrible. But I would
try to leave a little space to caulk, so you have it weather tight and bug
proof.

Steve