Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Dobony Michael Dobony is offline

Default How can I seal caulking cartridges?

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 19:31:37 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

Walter R. wrote:
I often find myself with half a cartridge of expensive caulking material in
a cartridge. I am talking about the cartridge that has a movable bottom and
a spout and fits in a ratcheting dispenser.

I have tried sticking nails in the spout but, invariably, the darned things
dry out or congeal anyway.

Anyone have a workable solution to this problem? - Thanks

I knew I'd seen them before, Caulk Savers:

http://tinyurl.com/5sw9b6

TDD

Having threads I seriously doubt they will seal properly to prevent drying
out. Then again, yanking it out *might* pull out the dried chalk.
Something more like this would work well

http://www.amazon.com/C-P-Products-L...7582319&sr=1-1

I have one item like this, but longer and larger. Works great!

http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/41090/10002/-1