Posted to rec.woodworking
blackemmons blackemmons is offline

Default Rebuild cordless batteries

On Nov 24, 1:27*am, "Rick Samuel"
wrote:
*Seems my 18V batteries won't discharge, only run good for a few seconds,
then rapid rundown. *I'm overseas, and my wife has put them on the charger
ever so often, but has not used them. *My 9.6v are fine, she uses them.

*Dewalt said to recharge every 4 mo, and they should be fine. *Nope.

*I guess (?) lack of use on the 18V has set up a memory.

*Anyone have batteries rebuilt? *BIL says not worth it. *A new drill and 2
batt. at Amazon is $152. *Batt. rebuild is $40 ea. *Drill is in good shape,
that is until I rebuild the batteries...HA!

*Going back to TX for Christmas, and she wants the outdoor grill installed.
Been in the garage for a year ++. *It needs a outdoor counter (kitchen) to
set on. *Only gonna be 9 ft long, so SHOULD be able to do it. *Everything is
there, save the PT and backer board.....and batteries.

Call Jason at http://www.mtobattery.com/store/ He will give you all
the help you need whether you buy or not. He's just a nice guy.

I recently replaced the batteries in my DeWalt 18V. It was a piece of
cake and as I recall the cost was about $78 for the two batteries of
better quality.

Jim