Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Shopmade grinder with winch / camera battery

On 2008-11-24, Gerald Miller wrote:

On 2008-11-23, Christopher Tidy ... wrote:

[ ... ]

I think Instamatic cameras used 126 film. 110 film comes in a small
cartridge which looks like a pair of spectacles from above. It was
popular in the '80s and possibly earlier.

I just gave a key chain camera to a collector friend. A plastic cube
about 1" on a side that clipped around the 110 cartridge, complete
with shutter release and view finder. Got it in a box of misc. items
while yard saleing. I never tried it but it looked like it would take
pictures, my friend was impressed.

Hmm ... I've still got a couple of Mamaya 16 cameras -- use 16mm
movie film in little cartridges -- either two cartridges joined by a
strap, or two individual ones to wind from one through the camera to the
other. Somewhere, I even have Nikkor reels to handle developing them.
The trick, these days, is to find 16mm roll film to reload into the
cartridges. I used film from a 100' reel until it got too old.

Of course -- my first rolls were developed the old fashiond way
-- hold both ends, and see-saw it through the developer, stop bath, and
fixer. The problem was that the first time that timer went off in the
full dark, I tossed one strip over some overhead pipes. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564