Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveBell SteveBell is offline

Default Replacing wall-mounted toilet tank? (Afraid of other issues)

BobK207 wrote in
:

On Nov 24, 2:10*pm, PRW wrote:
The plumber is the one who told me the replacement parts weren't
readily available. Would just changing the toilet be an, (a.) easier
or (b.) more financially rewarding for him, job than repairing this
one, and would that be coloring what he's telling me? (I don't have
a clue, I'm not a plumber.) I'm a couple of miles from a very well
stocked plumbers supply store that I've bought numerous items from
in the past, so I may pay them a visit.

On Nov 24, 3:57 pm, "Colbyt" wrote:

"PRW" wrote in message

.com... I did not make myself clear in either posting here or at
another board I posted at on this, and I apologize for that.
Not that I know of, but the replacement pipes to connect the tank
to the bowl are sold at real plumbing stores.

You won't find them at HomeCeapo or Slows.

......The plumber is the one who told me the replacement parts weren't
readily available. ....

total BS

But "readily available" means he can walk into his usual supply shop,
get a cup of coffee, and say, "Hey, Bob, give me one of ___." And Bob
just hands it over the counter. If he has to look in catalogs or wait
for a special order, or go to any effort whatsoever, it, by definition,
isn't "readily available".

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement