Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Doorbell always uses electricity!

In ,
wrote:

Jim Redelfs wrote:

SNIP what was already said

The other point worth making is that the power and cost figures for
standby power are routinely exaggerated.

The ones I mentioned in this thread are actual measurements. I have a
watt meter!

Those with political interest
in having everyone else unplug everything are either not competent in
the subject, or are happy to be lses than honest to try to motivate
others to unplug.

And of course, biggest of all... youve only got one life, try to spend
the time doing something useful. Speaking of which.... later.

- Don Klipstein )