Posted to alt.home.repair
Tarty Tarty is offline

Default Handyman rates

"h" wrote in message

No license requirement at all for "handymen" here in upstate NY. I'm not
even sure there's a licensing option available for carpenters/handymen. I
have a wonderful guy now (after several very, very bad experiences) who
is not licensed but is insured. However, he has a licensed electrician
and a licensed plumber on his large crew, so things get done very quickly
and easily. His company does pretty much everything from one-day repairs
to $250,000 additions/remodels. He's done a lot of commercial remodeling,
too, and no license is needed.

I should have clarified, or got clarification about questioning the license
under $1000 on "CM's" post. One would think electricians, plumbers, & HVAC
people should be licensed, regardless of the amount.

I just assumed no license needed for work under $1000, regardless of work.
Foolish assumption on my part!