Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default Handyman rates

"Tarty" wrote in message

"cm" wrote in message
In Arizona you don't need a license for any work under $1000. That
includes electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.

I can understand not needing a _permit_ for work under $1000, but no
license? That seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Arizona doesn't seemed concerned about protecting their citizens.

No license requirement at all for "handymen" here in upstate NY. I'm not
even sure there's a licensing option available for carpenters/handymen. I
have a wonderful guy now (after several very, very bad experiences) who is
not licensed but is insured. However, he has a licensed electrician and a
licensed plumber on his large crew, so things get done very quickly and
easily. His company does pretty much everything from one-day repairs to
$250,000 additions/remodels. He's done a lot of commercial remodeling, too,
and no license is needed.