Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default what do I do with a 22 long rife bullet that did not fire

Frank wrote:
Kevin wrote:
a bit off topic...

What should I do with those "dud" 22 long rifle cartridges/bullets
that do not fire? I usually try to fire them a 2nd or 3rd time, but
sometimes they don't fire. So I have this cartridge with bullet
intact with 2 or 3 dents in the rim that I hate to just toss out in
the pasture.

Trash can. I would not pull bullet from a rimfire as primer might go
off if rim pinched too hard. My shooting club has a dud box. Don't
know how they dispose.

You put then in a thick steel box, and run the box through a furnace. It
cooks off all the rounds harmlessly. Not worth it unless you have a lot
of them, enough so a scrap company will pay for the residue.

--
aem sends...