Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken Wright Ken Wright is offline

Default Panasonic inverter microwave controller as timer

I am trying to use the controller board from a Panasonic
inverter microwave as a timer but am having no luck
getting the relay output to work properly.

The controller board has a 3 wire connector going to the
inverter board. I have been able to determine that one
pin outputs 1 Htz pulses (appears it would interface to
5v logic). Another pin appears to be an input but I can't
figure out what it wants. With nothing connected to any
of the three pins the relay shuts off after 3 seconds
regardless of the initial time requested. If I jumper
the input pin to the center (common?) pin of the connector
it will run for 23 seconds before it aborts. Jumper
directly from output to input aborts after 3 seconds.

As a simple count down timer with no relay it functions
normally. Clearly the inverter board is supposed to send
some kind of 'OK' signal to the controller board as a fail
safe mechanism. I have not found a schematic online.

Has anyone gotten one of these controllers to work as a
power timer?

thanks,
kw