Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need help from an experienced builder/carpenter

"RM MS" wrote:

Does anybody have ideas how to right and stabilize it?

Yes, but you may not like my suggestion.

Basically, you are going to have to jack up the structure and put a
footer under it that extends below the frost line which is probably
30"-36" below grade for Michigan.

You will need a bunch of cribbing and either a house jack or at least
a couple of 20 ton hydraulic jacks.

Jack the building up about 12"-18", then cut existing legs off to get
at what is left in the ground.

Dig about a 12" dia hole below the grade level, then install 12"
SonoTube forms so they are about 6"-12" above grade.

Install a couple of "J" bolts (Typical way roadway lighting poles are
installed) that will be used to secure wooden corner posts on top of
concrete after cure.

Pour concrete and flush top surface to receive galvanized steel
bracket that will be bolted to the wooden post as well as the "J" bolt
anchor bolts in the concrete.

Once cured, lower house and complete installation.

SFWIW, find a boat mover around Detroit area.

They will have the cribbing and the jacks, and if done in off season,
may be a good deal for both of you.

PS: I wouldn't wish this job on any amateur without having some on
site PRO assistance available.

Lew