Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard Evans Richard Evans is offline

Default Rebuild cordless batteries

"Rick Samuel" wrote:

Seems my 18V batteries won't discharge, only run good for a few seconds,
then rapid rundown. I'm overseas, and my wife has put them on the charger
ever so often, but has not used them. My 9.6v are fine, she uses them.

Dewalt said to recharge every 4 mo, and they should be fine. Nope.

I guess (?) lack of use on the 18V has set up a memory.

Anyone have batteries rebuilt?

I looked into it through Batteries Plus and it was more than buying a
new battery. Hell, I had a B&D cordless drill battery go bad and it
was cheaper to buy a new drill, which included a new battery, than to
replace the old battery.