Posted to rec.woodworking
Hoosierpopi Hoosierpopi is offline

Default How to heat a 9 x 16 uninsulated shed? Suggestions sought.

On Nov 19, 4:25*pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
KIMOSABE wrote:
My home shop is squeezed into a 9 x 16 wood shed.

I can't do much in the winter because *NJ is just too cold. *I need
heat it up now and then and am looking for suggestions. *I tried a
small 1500 btu Pelonis electric/fan heater the other day and that
was
about as effective as puppies' breath.

So, any thoughts? *Space is at a premium. *I'm stepping around and
over stuff as it is now.

I'd consider some sort of propane or kerosene heater provided it
wasn't a space hog or just too much of a fire or carbon monoxide
hazard.

I may be asking for the impossible.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

For a rough estimate of how much heater you need you might want to run
the calculator athttp://www.heater-store.com/heater_calculator_info.htm. *Note that
with good insulation you need a _lot_ less heat.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Here's another approach if you have a South Wall exposed:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Solar-Heater/