Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pirateer guy Pirateer guy is offline

Default paint car hood

I made the mistake of blaming her for parking in front of the weld shop
entrance. What do you think?

Karl

Well Karl, now you're screwed. Lets see, if you paint it, it'll cost
$200.00 plus lots of time sanding.
Then you have to pay $500.00 to make her happy. She's going to take it
in to be painted anyway. Now it cost $700.00. LOL.

Actually, you should make sure the wax is gone. So purchase a wax
remover.
Rough sand 220 grit dry. Fill all the little dings with spot putty and
sand some more. Do that until it is perfect.
Spray Primer Sealer. No sanding the sealer, put the color right over
it.
Spray Color coat / Clear coat combination.
I used to buy Deltron color coat / clear coat from Ditzler. It sprays
like lacquer. Don't know if it's still available.
Have you got an air dryer? Moisture is terrible.