Posted to uk.d-i-y
tvmo tvmo is offline

Default Electric Sockets

1)What happens when you try to run the hair dryer?

On one of the sockets it doesn't work, on another socket the hair
dryer blows air in pulses, on the majority of sockets it blows air
evenly

2) Switching on the dish washer, which is on a separate ring to the
majority of the sockets in my house, causes frequency issues on my TV

You mean you get a noise pattern on the screen - say lines with bright
speckles on them?

Yes, exactly - sorry about the poor description

3) The washer dryer frequently trips the electric.

Trips what exactly? The circuit breaker for the individual circuit, or
the RCD protecting a group of circuits or possibly even the whole house?

The whole house trips.

Thanks