Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Rebuild cordless batteries

"Rick Samuel" wrote

Anyone have batteries rebuilt? BIL says not worth it. A new drill and 2
batt. at Amazon is $152. Batt. rebuild is $40 ea. Drill is in good
shape, that is until I rebuild the batteries...HA!

Have BIL give me a call about some swamp land I have for sale.

In my world, $96 (at today's prices) for two, re-built 18v batteries, that
come back stronger and longer lasting than new ones, does NOT equal $152,
even with a drill thrown in, which I/you already own.

I've used my 18v DeWalt drill _hard_ and _long_ for almost ten years ...
have four 18v batteries (2 new style, 2 old style), and have had excellent
service with these guys:

www.primecell.com
www.voltmanbatteries.com

Prices have gone up since, but voltman redid my two oldest 18v's earlier
this year for $70. These have been rebuilt twice now for a savings of at
least $140 that your BIL would have missed out on.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08