Posted to alt.home.repair
gary gary is offline

Default Gas line size for new high BTU BBQ???

Yup, I bought it with the natural gas conversion kit.

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Gary" wrote in message
I just bought a Vermont Castings VCS5007
http://www.myownbbq.com/content/prod...ils.cfm?id=353 that
uses 62,500 BTUs with all 5 burners running. Another 15,000 when the side
burner is on. I used it tonight for the 1st time and found that there was
not much difference between the flame when the valves are on high or on
low. I was wondering if this could be due to the gas pipe size. From the
meter it is 1/2" and the run is about 30'. Do I need to go to 3/4" pipe?
Thx Gary

You need about 59 cfh of gas. At 30', you should be able to get 90 cfh.

Was the grill properly set up for natural gas? Proper regulator and
orifices?