Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Doorbell always uses electricity!

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 15:18:47 -0800, "Bill"
wrote:

I've gone through my home and examined *every* electrical gadget, appliance,
etc.

98% of the products I have use electricity when not being used! 98%!!!!

-snip-

I would be interested in seeing your list of 50 or 100 items and
especially interested in seeing how much electricity they use.

I could do without electricity completely- except that I like the
convenience. I suspect the electricity your appliances are using
is providing some sort of convenience. If you'd rather use less
electricity and don't care about the convenience, then unplug them- or
put a switch on the plugs.

Jim