Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Hot Tub Cover Full of Water

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

On Sun 23 Nov 2008 12:11:21p, Norminn told us...

01dyna wrote:

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 12:00:32 -0500, Norminn
you wrote:

trax wrote:

I have owned a hot tub for a few years and it has been my experience
that I am having to replace the hot tub cover because it gets full of
water and extremely heavy. Any suggestions on how to prevent this

from happening or on how to prolong the effect? It seems like we need

to replace the cover every 2 to 3 years.
Thanks!

I saw a tip for keeping water from collecting in a boat cover. Seems
like a simple solution - keep
and inflated beachball in the boat to support the cover. Got a
beachball in yer tub?

Hot tub covers are stiff and at least 3" thick. There's nothing to
"hold up". Many of them are now made strong enough for people
to stand on them. A beach ball isn't going to do anything.

Forgive my hot tub naivete ...... I thought they had tarp covers )

If you have never had one, there’s no reason you would know. The covers
are constructed that way to provide insulation and hold the heat in, as
much as for simply covering the tub to prevent evaporation and debris.

And the cover holds water because...............it melts and sags?
Doesn't have a shape that naturally
lets water run off?