Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech,comp.arch.embedded
msg msg is offline

Default remote controlled audio mixer/equalizer project

Anton Erasmus wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:06:34 -0600, msg wrote:

f825_677 wrote:

snip

thoughts about your hardware - can you get four PCI cards in a 1u rack,
is there physically enough space ?

I have a few M/B choices that permit four PCI sound devices in 1u; the first
is three PCI cards and one integrated audio chipset, the other is a low-profile
riser PCI bus with dual opposing slots (four slots).

Can you post a link to these options. I have had occasions in the past
where I needed to fit a "standard" PC into odd enclosures, and having
links to these type of products is always helpful.

As a rabid proponent of reuse most of my projects are based upon salvaged
items; in this case I have a selection of custom mainboards and chassis from
various old IP firewalls, compression protocol accelerators, industrial
controllers, etc., which stand only a remote chance of appearing on auction
or recycle sites. If you still want data, I can poke at them for model and
ID information later on

N.B. some time back I began a list of salvage items that contained reusable
FPGAs and posted it with a few updates to the newsgroups but that effort
produced mostly disinterest.

Michael